We are looking for a seasoned technology professional who can use its experience to build effective teams, high-performance culture, scalable processes, and mentor aspiring talent. The candidate must be entrepreneurial, hands-on in technology, must have experience with design, development and delivery of mobile apps, web applications and tech platforms, at scale. It is highly important for the candidate to have experience with eCommerce and is expected to have some experience in the retail sector, building technology systems and platforms.
The person is expected to be a technology leader with capability of building and leading a high-performance engineering team.
- Provide Technical authority in prospective meetings with other departments and provide guidance to developers
- Provide Hands-on Technical leadership, in development, operation and improvement of services
- Work with the wider team to ensure high quality code is delivered in line with the project goals and delivery cycles
- Work with product managers to understand user needs for new/existing services
- Work closely with designers to deliver rapid prototypes as well as production code to ensure high accessibility standards are upheld. We expect familiarity with modern frameworks and languages, as well as best practices such as Clean Code, TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps
- Attract, hire, retain and develop top-notch engineering/technology talent
- Implement technology product(s) as per the product requirements, using appropriate technologies
- The company’s tech-stack comprises Node.js (for Backend), MongoDB as the Database (MEAN stack), and Native App development (for iOS and Android)
- Communicate business goals to the engineers. Keep them focused on building the right product and in the right manner. Ensure that engineering is always adding business value and communicate this value to the business leaders
- Be an individual contributor if necessary. Engineering managers could spend ~20% of their time coding and contributing to the code base
- Perform regular code review of the code being developed by your team, to maintain high quality of code
- Computer Science & Engineering education/degree from an internationally recognized top technology institute or university
- 8-10 years of overall experience in the delivery of quality scalable and extensible software. Should currently be leading a team of top-notch developers as an Engineering Manager or Technical Architect
- Experience of leading product development in B2C startups
- 4+ years of experience in architecting, designing, developing, and scaling high quality mobile apps and end-to-end systems (consumer facing and business facing systems), under tight timelines and delivery pressure
- Experience with backend software development at high scale. Experience with distributed systems, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and microservices design.
- Capacity to take the complete responsibility of developing and delivering a product-mobile apps and backend. Has good design sense. Has experience with Node.js.
- Knowledge of new and cutting-edge technologies & tools. Experience working on complex projects having Analytics, Data-Science and Machine Learning components.